- CNA License
- CNA License by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Find CNA Programs
Are you looking for the fastest way to begin a nursing career in Arizona? Do you enjoy interacting with seniors and persons with disabilities? If so, there is a position waiting for you – of Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)! There are many benefits to choosing a career as a CNA in Arizona. And did we tell you that certification is free?
Table of Contents[hide]
- CNA Certification Requirements in Arizona
- How to Get Your CNA Certification in Arizona
- How to Verify Your CNA Certification in Arizona
- How to Renew Your CNA Certification in Arizona
- How to Reinstate Your CNA Certification in Arizona
- How to Transfer Your CNA Certification from Arizona to Another State
- Arizona Nurse Aide Registry
- State-Approved CNA Programs in Arizona
CNA Certification Requirements in Arizona
Before you can become a Certified Nursing Assistant in Arizona, you must fulfill the CNA certification requirements as mandated by the Arizona State Board of Nursing. First of all, Arizona requires all prospective Certified Nursing Assistants to complete state-approved training. Then, they must pass both sections of the CNA certification exam with acceptable scores. Persons who complete these basic requirements will be issued a certificate by the Arizona State Board of Nursing. No criminal background check is required.
How to Get Your CNA Certification in Arizona
Obtaining your CNA certification in Arizona is quite easy. As mentioned above, you will be issued a certificate after completing a state-approved program and passing the tests. You will need to go to the Arizona Nurse Portal and create an account to apply for a license or maintain your existing license.
How to Verify Your CNA Certification in Arizona
At times, you or an employer may need to verify your CNA certification. If this is the case, you can accomplish it by navigating to the Arizona State Board of Nursing website and clicking on "License Verification (Nursing Assistants)" in the drop-down menu of “Licenses and Certifications.” On the License Verification page, you can verify a CNA license by name, license number or NCSBN ID.
How to Renew Your CNA Certification in Arizona
In Arizona, you will need to renew your CNA certification every two years. Currently, you have the option of doing this online. While you do not need to complete continuing education courses to renew, you will need to submit proof of employment (only 8 hours of work every two years is required).
How to Reinstate Your CNA Certification in Arizona
Any CNA in Arizona whose certificate was lapsed, revoked or voluntarily withdrawn must make a written request to the Arizona State Board of Nursing before they can reinstate their certification. Additionally, they may be required to re-attend CNA training and take the CNA competency exam again.
How to Transfer Your CNA Certification from Arizona to Another State
If you already have a job lined up in your new state, your new employer can verify your certification using the search feature on Arizona's Board of Nursing website. If you do not have a job waiting but want to transfer your certification to another state, you will need to contact your new state's Board of Nursing to find out about their requirements pertaining to transferring CNA certifications.
Arizona Nurse Aide Registry
If you have additional questions, contact the Arizona Nurse Aide Registry at:
1740 W Adams Street, Suite 2000, Phoenix, AZ 85007
Phone: (602) 771-7801
Fax: (602) 771-7888
State-Approved CNA Programs in Arizona
There are so many good CNA schools in Arizona. You will get the best training if you choose any of these:
- 3000 N Fourth St, Flagstaff, AZ 86004 (928) 526-7600
- 555 N 18th St, Phoenix, AZ 85006 (602) 286-8000
- 6000 W Olive Ave, Glendale, AZ 85302 (623) 845-3000
- 1833 W Southern Ave, Mesa, AZ 85202 (480) 461-7000
- 3400 AZ-95, Bullhead City, AZ 86442 (928) 758-3926
- 1001 W Deuce of Clubs, Show Low, AZ 85901 (928) 532-6111
- 18401 N 32nd St, Phoenix, AZ 85032 (602) 787-7000
- 957 S Dobson Rd, Mesa, AZ 85202 (800) 477-7462
- 950 E Main St Building A, Somerton, AZ 85350 (928) 315-7600
- 205 E Southern Ave, Mesa, AZ 85210 (480) 776-0070