- CNA License
- CNA License by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Find CNA Programs
Have you always dreamed of working in the medical field? Are you limited in the amount of time that you have to devote to training and education? If you can relate to both of these questions, training for a career as a CNA in Georgia may be perfect for you!
Table of Contents[hide]
- CNA Certification Requirements in Georgia
- How to Get Your CNA Certification in Georgia
- How to Verify Your CNA Certification in Georgia
- How to Renew Your CNA Certification in Georgia
- How to Reinstate Your CNA Certification in Georgia
- How to Transfer Your CNA Certification from Georgia to Another State
- Georgia Nurse Aide Registry
- State-Approved CNA Programs in Georgia
CNA Certification Requirements in Georgia
According to the Georgia Department of Community Health, you must attend at least 85 hours of state-approved CNA training before you can become certified as a nursing aide. This will include both lecture and practical. Within one year following your successful training, you will need to apply for a seat to take Credentia's CNA certification examination. Similar to your training, the certification exam is comprised of two parts: a written section and a practical skills section.
How to Get Your CNA Certification in Georgia
If you receive an acceptable score on your CNA exam, your name will be added to Georgia's Nurse Aide Registry. To receive a certification card, navigate to the Department of Community Health website, click on "Nurse Aide/Medication Aide," and click on "Certification Card Request Form." This will take you to a form that you must complete to obtain CNA certification card.
How to Verify Your CNA Certification in Georgia
There may be times when you or an employer will need to verify your Georgia CNA certification. In such a case, simply navigate to the Georgia Department of Community Health website and click on "Nurse Aide/Medication Aide." Next, click on "Search for a Nurse Aide." This will take you to the online nursing aide verification tool.
How to Renew Your CNA Certification in Georgia
In Georgia, you must renew your CNA certification every 24 months. To renew your certification, go to the Department of Community Health website and click on "Nurse Aide/Medication Aide." Next, click on "Renewal Form." You need to complete and submit this form to renew your certification.
How to Reinstate Your CNA Certification in Georgia
If your certification lapsed under three years without work verification, you must retake and pass the examination. If lapsed over three years, you must complete another approved training program and pass the examination.
How to Transfer Your CNA Certification from Georgia to Another State
To transfer your CNA certification from Georgia to a different state, you need to contact the other state and find out about their requirements pertaining to CNA certification. If you are unsure as to what agency to contact, the National Council of State Boards of Nursing can help. Simply go to their website and click on "NNAAP and MACE Exams." Next, click on "NNAAP" and "Nurse Aide Registries."
Georgia Nurse Aide Registry
If you have additional questions, contact the Georgia Nurse Aide Registry at:
PO Box 105753, Atlanta, GA 30348
Phone: (800) 414-4358
State-Approved CNA Programs in Georgia
Although there are many excellent schools that offer training for aspiring CNAs in Georgia, the following facilities are some of the best.
- 800 US-29, Athens, GA 30601 (706) 355-5000
- 5669 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd #100, Sandy Springs, GA 30342 (404) 255-4500
- 3175 Cedartown Hwy, Rome, GA 30161 (706) 802-5000
- 495 N Indian Creek Dr, Clarkston, GA 30021 (404) 297-9522
- 3333 Busbee Dr NW #3301, Kennesaw, GA 30144 (470) 578-6765
- 2535 Lanier Tech Dr, Gainesville, GA 30507 (770) 533-7000
- 100 Technology Dr, Hinesville, GA 31313 (912) 408-3024
- 402 N Midway Rd, Cordele, GA 31015 (229) 271-4040
- 346 Kight Rd, Swainsboro, GA 30401 (478) 289-2200
- 15689 US-19, Thomasville, GA 31792 (888) 205-3449
- 1601 Maple St, Carrollton, GA 30118 (678) 839-5000
- 997 Newnan Rd, Carrollton, GA 30116 (770) 836-6800
- 4089 Val Tech Rd, Valdosta, GA 31602 (229) 333-2100