- CNA License
- CNA License by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Find CNA Programs
Are you considering working in the healthcare industry but do not want to go through extensive training first? If so, you will be happy to know that after just 90 hours of training, you can become a Certified Nursing Assistant or Aide (CNA) in Kansas. Furthermore, there is a growing need for CNAs in Kansas, so your chances of securing a good-paying job is high in the state.
Table of Contents[hide]
- CNA Certification Requirements in Kansas
- How to Get Your CNA Certification in Kansas
- How to Verify Your CNA Certification in Kansas
- How to Renew Your CNA Certification in Kansas
- How to Reinstate Your CNA Certification in Kansas
- How to Transfer Your CNA Certification from Kansas to Another State
- Kansas Nurse Aide Registry
- State-Approved CNA Programs in Kansas
CNA Certification Requirements in Kansas
In Kansas, the Kansas Aging and Disability Services Department regulates training programs and certification requirements for CNAs. In accordance with the department, to become a CNA in Kansas, you must complete at least 90 hours of state-approved CNA training. After completing your training, you will be required to sit for the CNA certification exam. Obtaining a passing score on this test will allow you to apply for certification.
How to Get Your CNA Certification in Kansas
Upon completion of your training and passing the CNA exam, you can work as a CNA in Kansas. You can find the application information by going to the Kansas Aging and Disability Services Department website, taking the cursor over Commissions, clicking on “Survey, Certification and Credentialing Commission," and finally clicking on “Health Occupations Credentialing" or by contacting the Department directly (see the contact information towards the end of this article).
How to Verify Your CNA Certification in Kansas
For you to verify your CNA status in Kansas, arrive on the “Health Occupations Credentialing" and under “Certification (CNA, HHA, CMA) Information and Forms” click on Nurse Aide. Then, click on “Kansas Nurse Aide Registry.” This will take you to a search tool that will allow you to check your CNA status.
How to Renew Your CNA Certification in Kansas
Contact the Department to learn about the renewal requirements and how to proceed. It should be noted that CNA certifications are due for renewal after 24 months from the time they are first issued.
How to Reinstate Your CNA Certification in Kansas
Contact the Kansas Aging And Disability Services Department to learn about the reinstatement requirements and how to proceed.
How to Transfer Your CNA Certification from Kansas to Another State
Before you can transfer your CNA certification from Kansas to another state, you must find out about the transfer requirements of the new state. To do this, locate your new state's CNA regulatory agency by visiting the National Council of State Boards of Nursing website. Once you locate your new state's CNA regulatory agency, contact them to find out what you need to do to transfer your certification.
Kansas Nurse Aide Registry
If you have additional questions, contact the Kansas Nurse Aide Registry at:
503 S Kansas Ave, Topeka, KS 66603
Phone: (785) 296-6877
Fax: (785) 296-3075
State-Approved CNA Programs in Kansas
There are many great CNA schools in Kansas. Some of the top-rated facilities include:
- 901 S Haverhill Rd, El Dorado, KS 67042 (316) 321-2222
- 400 W 11th St, Coffeyville, KS 67337 (620) 251-7700
- 125 S 2nd St, Arkansas City, KS 67005 (800) 593-2222
- 608 N 18 St, Kansas City, KS 66102 (913) 621-8700
- 3301 W 18th Ave, Emporia, KS 66801 (620) 343-4600
- 2108 S Horton St, Fort Scott, KS 66701 (620) 223-2700
- 801 Campus Dr, Garden City, KS 67846 (620) 276-7611
- 606 W Main St, Highland, KS 66035 (785) 442-6000
- 3136 Dickens Ave #2499, Manhattan, KS 66503 (785) 587-2800
- 3033 US-24, Beloit, KS 67420 (785) 738-2276
- 1209 Harrison Ave, Goodland, KS 67735 (800) 316-4127
- 348 KS-61, Pratt, KS 67124 (620) 672-5641