If you live in or near Columbus, OH, and are eager to kick-start your career as a Certified Nursing Assistant, or CNA, the first step is finding a CNA program that suits your needs. Fortunately, there are lots of options when it comes to CNA programs in Columbus. Some of the popular options are located in nearby suburbs, and many offer convenient schedules, including weekend and evening classes. The best CNA programs are state-approved, and they are designed to help aspiring CNAs easily pass their certification exams so they can quickly obtain their licenses.
Top 5 Columbus CNA Programs
Trying to pinpoint the right CNA program in Columbus can seem like an uphill battle. It's easy to feel overwhelmed by the sheer variety of choices. A great way to make the process easier is by taking a closer look at some of the popular CNA programs in the area. One or more of them could meet your requirements perfectly, and you will be able to enroll in your program and be on your way to becoming a CNA fast. A few examples include:
- Adult and Community Education - Located right in Columbus, this popular technical and continuing education school offers a Nurse Aide program that is affordable and can be completed in just four weeks. The 80-hour program has a total cost of around $500, which includes books. It includes a mix of lectures, labs, and clinical practice at local healthcare facilities like nursing homes. Upon completion, you will be eligible to sit for the State-Tested Nurse Aide Exam. To enroll, you need a high school diploma or GED and must be at least 18 years old.
- Delaware Area Career Center - If the city of Delaware is convenient to you, this school may be just what you need. It's about 17 miles from Columbus, and its Nurse Aide Training Program includes extensive clinical practice at nearby facilities. The tuition costs $625, so it's remarkably affordable too.
- Knox County Career Center - Located in Mount Vernon, OH, which is about 38 miles from Columbus, Knox County Career Center offers a State-Tested Nurse Aide, or STNA, program that's one of the popular ones in the area. Like most CNA programs, it includes classroom lectures and labs where you can put your newly acquired knowledge to work. There's also clinical practice at local nursing homes, so you can get a feel for what it's like to work as a CNA. With a five-year, first-time pass rate of 90 percent, this program will more than prepare you to pass the State Test for Nursing Aides.
- Pickaway-Ross Adult Education - You'll find this school in Chillicothe, OH, which is about 38 miles from Columbus. Its Nurse Aide program is approved by the Ohio Department of Health and includes classroom work, labs, and a clinical practice experience at a nearby nursing home or other healthcare facility. The program totals just 77 hours in length, so you can complete it quickly. Tuition is only $685, which is a true bargain for education that will prepare you to embark on such a rewarding career.
- Tri-Rivers Career Center - If you are within close proximity of Marion, OH, you might want to take a look at Tri-Rivers Career Center. This well-regarded technical school offers a Nurse Aide program that is approved by the Ohio Department of Health and the Ohio Department of Education. In addition to boasting excellent credentials, the program is only 84 hours in length, so you can complete it in a few weeks and be ready to take your exam before you know it. Clinical practice at local healthcare facilities allows you to put your new skills to work and to ensure that you are ready for the rewarding yet challenging career of a CNA.
As you can see, it won't take long at all for you to complete your CNA program, and there are plenty of options for obtaining the necessary education in and around the Columbus area. Even if you can only attend school on nights and weekends, you should be able to find several Columbus CNA programs that suit your scheduling requirements as well as your financial needs, so find the right one today.