- CNA License
- CNA License by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Find CNA Programs
Have you been considering a medical career in Kentucky, but are not sure if it would be the right choice for you? If so, why not start out by becoming a nurse aide? Not only are nurse aide programs extremely short, but by working in this field, you can also experience firsthand what a medical career looks like.
Table of Contents[hide]
- SRNA Registration Requirements in Kentucky
- How to Get Your SRNA Registration in Kentucky
- How to Verify Your SRNA Registration in Kentucky
- How to Renew Your SRNA Registration in Kentucky
- How to Reinstate Your SRNA Registration in Kentucky
- How to Transfer Your SRNA Registration from Kentucky to Another State
- Kentucky Nurse Aide Registry
- State-Approved SRNA Programs in Kentucky
SRNA Registration Requirements in Kentucky
While the majority of 50 states require their nurse aides to become certified, Kentucky requires them to become registered. Therefore, Kentucky's nurse aides are known as State-Registered Nurse Aides, or SRNAs. To become an SRNA in Kentucky, you must complete approved nurse aide training. After completing the required training, you must take and pass a two-section (written & practical) nurse aide competency exam, which is administered by Kentucky Community and Technical College System.
How to Get Your SRNA Registration in Kentucky
Becoming a registered nurse aide in Kentucky is an extremely simple process. After you receive acceptable scores on both sections of the nurse aide competency exam, your test results will be available to you within 30 days of taking the examination. You are registered as an SRNA in Kentucky when your name is added to the registry of active state-registered nurse aides, making you eligible for employment in the state.
How to Verify Your SRNA Registration in Kentucky
You or your employer can quickly and easily verify your SRNA status in Kentucky online at the Kentucky Board of Nursing website. From the homepage, click on "Validation" beneath the Nurse Aides tab. This will direct you to a page that explains how you can verify your status by mail, fax or by using the online verification tool.
How to Renew Your SRNA Registration in Kentucky
The state of Kentucky requires all nurse aides to renew their registrations every two years. When requesting an SRNA renewal, you must provide the Kansas Nurse Aide Registry with your full name, contact info, Social Security number, and proof of employment at an approved healthcare facility.
How to Reinstate Your SRNA Registration in Kentucky
If your registration expires or you did not work at least eight hours as an SRNA prior to your renewal date, you will need to reinstate your registration. You can accomplish this by making an appointment to retake the nurse aide competency exam. A passing score will reinstate your registration.
How to Transfer Your SRNA Registration from Kentucky to Another State
To transfer your SRNA registration from Kentucky to another state, you must contact the other state's nurse aide regulatory agency to find out about their transfer requirements. The National Council of State Boards of Nursing maintains a list of all nurse aide regulatory agencies in the United States. In most cases, you will simply need to provide verification of your SRNA registration. However, some states may have additional requirements.
Kentucky Nurse Aide Registry
If you have additional questions, contact the Kentucky Nurse Aide Registry at:
312 Whittington Parkway, Suite 300, Louisville, KY 40222
Phone: (502) 429-3347
Fax: (502) 429-1247
State-Approved SRNA Programs in Kentucky
A good school can help you become successful in your career. For prospective CNAs (SRNAs) in Kentucky, the following schools make some of the best institutions.
- 1400 College Drive, Ashland, KY 41101 (606) 326-2000
- 1 Bert Combs Dr, Prestonsburg, KY 41653 (606) 886-3863
- 470 Cooper Dr, Lexington, KY 40502 (859) 246-6200
- 521 Lancaster Ave, Richmond, KY 40475 (859) 622-1000
- 600 College Street Rd, Elizabethtown, KY 42701 (270) 769-2371
- 500 Technology Way, Florence, KY 41042 (859) 441-4500
- 1 Community College Dr, Hazard, KY 41701 (606) 436-5721
- 2660 S Green St, Henderson, KY 42420 (270) 827-1867
- 109 E Broadway, Louisville, KY 40202 (502) 213-5333
- 2301 S 3rd St, Louisville, KY 40208 (502) 852-5555
- 6178 College Station Drive, Williamsburg, KY 40769 (800) 343-1609
- 4810 Alben Barkley Dr, Paducah, KY 42001 (270) 554-9200
- 1906 College Heights Blvd, Bowling Green, KY 42101 (270) 745-0111